Last Updated: May 1, 2019
Note to International Users
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE COUNTRY WHERE IT WAS COLLECTED AS WELL AS OTHER COUNTRIES (INCLUDING THE UNITED STATES) WHERE LAWS REGARDING PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE LESS STRINGENT THAN THE LAWS IN YOUR COUNTRY. BY USING THE SERVICES AND PROVIDING ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THE TRANSFER OF DATA FROM YOUR COUNTRY TO A COUNTRY THAT HAS LESS STRINGENT LAWS, AND THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN CONFORMANCE WITH THIS POLICY.
Note about Children
The Site and App are not directed to children under the age of 18 and children under the age of 18 are not eligible to use our Services. We do not intentionally collect or maintain Personal Information from children under 18 years of age. If we later learn that a person under 18 years of age has submitted Personal Information to us, we will take steps to remove that user’s Personal Information from our databases and to prevent the user from utilizing the App, Site and the Services.
How We Collect Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
- We collect Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily when you register for the service and/or use the Services. For example, we will collect your name, email address, address, phone number and password when you register for an account on the Services (an “Account”)].
- If you are a Therapist, we will collect the information you submit to us to create a profile related to your services (each, a “Profile”), which may include, without limitation, information related to the location of your services, restrictions, specific requirements, and availability. Your Profile and the information therein will be visible to Clients and other users on the Services.
- If you are Therapist, we collect information about your license and certifications, and may require you to provide us with verifiable government-issued identification, as well as electronic copies of your licenses and certifications.
- If you send messages to other users of the Services, we will collect and share those messages with the intended recipient.
- If you have downloaded the App, our App will, with your permission, access and collect information from your calendar, in order to provide you with certain functionalities available as part of the App, such as creating appointments with Clients or Therapists.
- If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may collect, store and use that information. If you want to deactivate this feature, you can disable location services on your mobile device.
- When you communicate with us through our Site or App or by sending us an email, we may collect and store any information that is contained in your communications with us. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may limit the features of the App, Site or Services you are able to use.
Information You Provide to Social Networking Sites. The Services allows users to connect certain social networking services to their Account (each, an “SNS”). If you connect your account to your SNS account, we may receive information from the SNS depending on the privacy settings you have with that SNS. Please consult the SNS’s privacy and data practices.
Information Automatically Collected Via Technology
- Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movements around the Site, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs. For example, some of the information may be collected so that when you visit the Site or the Services again, it will recognize you and the information could then be used to serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, which are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ Personal Information.
- Mobile Device. We may also collect information about your mobile device if you have downloaded the App, including the hardware model, operating system and version, MAC address, unique device identifier, phone number, and mobile network information. In addition, the Services may access your device’s image storage applications, with your consent, to facilitate your use of certain features of the Services. In addition, in the event our App crashes on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our App. This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
How We Use Information
In general, we will use your Personal Information to either respond to the requests you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Information to:
- Provide the Services to you;
- Facilitate the creation of your account on our system;
- Provide you with Services and customer support;
- Provide you with information related to the Products and appointments you order or schedule;
- Tailor the features and content of the Services to you;
- Respond to your requests, resolve disputes and/or troubleshoot problems;
- Improve the quality of the App, Site and the Services; and
- Communicate with you about the App, Site and the Services, including appointments booked or purchases made.
We may create Anonymous Information records from your Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use Anonymous Information analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Information for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Information to third parties in our sole discretion.
How We Disclose Information
- Third Parties Designated by You. When you use the Services, the Personal Information you provide will be shared with the third parties that you authorize to receive such information. For example, if you invite another user to an appointment or calendar meeting, your Personal Information will be made available to them.
- Profile. If you create a Profile, we will share your Profile with Clients and browsers of our Services. The information in your Profile is meant for public consumption, and once displayed on publicly viewable web pages, that information can be collected and used by Clients and other users.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with our third party service providers that help us provide Services that we offer you and any other information and data that you provide through your use of the Services.
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
- Application. You can stop all collection of information by the App by uninstalling the App. You may use the standard uninstall process as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Services for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Services or all functionality of the Services. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please refer to the help section of your browser.
Information Disclosed to Third Parties